This is the time of year when we begin to smell the fresh air outside and want to bring that freshness inside! I think we can all agree that even if the weather isn’t cooperating, we still need a few tweaks in our homes to welcome Spring and take us to Summer. I love a good spring cleaning and enjoy adding quick updates to many rooms in my home- and wanted to share them with you.
- Clear the clutter of winter- pack up the boots and hats and gloves, give them a quick wash and put them away. Might I suggest a cute bench or trunk in the entry or mudroom to pack those items out of sight? Add a punch of color with a new pillow and you have a great new entry.
- The next space that we all walk into is our kitchen! Clear those counters, schools almost out and it’s time to welcome those last art projects home for display. Add a photo frame on a tray with a lovely succulent to celebrate the little Picasso in your life. Kids love when we display their art, and this will give you a fresh perspective on how they have grown this year. By using a tray you have a defined space to display your items. Neat and clean.
- Family Time is precious and rare this time of year so make your space as special as the ones you share it with. Add a few new pillows, a lightweight throw and PLEASE lighten up that fireplace! Adding a little color with sprigs of green or Time a new piece of art on the mantle can really add a dramatic change to any room- and it doesn’t have to break the bank!
- Master Bedroom Refresh is an Interior Design tip that many don’t think about often. However, it makes sense to Freshen up for Spring as well when you consider the hard work of gardening this time of year. I know I love to climb into bed after a long day in the garden when the sheets are fresh, the linens washed and the windows open. It is the time of year when I change my bedding to include a linen duvet over a fresh white Matelasse quilt. By adding some new art to brighten your space you will be on your way to a dreamy night’s sleep. Try it, you will love this design tip!
- It doesn’t take much to freshen those most oft used rooms in your home. Try a few of these handy tips and you will love the results.