As we wrapped up our summer travels, our children back in school and the cool evenings begin, it is time to reflect on all that fun and the inspiration the last two months have brought us. Traveling gives me a new perspective on life. It allows me the insight into different cultures, a self-confidence in myself as I learn a new way to navigate foreign situations and the joy of sharing time with loved ones. All of these things are without question one of the most rewarding experiences in life.
I know that I have been blessed to see a bit of this amazing country, and others, this summer as “someone had to bring my daughter home” from Spain. One of the best parts, besides being with my sweet daughter for a week roaming the streets of cities, was the inspiration that I brought back to the store. From our Spanish Tapas at our last 3rd Thursday event, or Italian dinnerware that is on it’s way, to the fresh designs that we have created in store or in homes- it’s been fabulous. As a business owner and designer, I have the privilege of meeting and working with wonderful people. When I get to bring those fresh ideas into a new clients home- that is the icing on the “designer” cake.
I hope you will join us- in store- to see some of that creative inspiration in person.
– Inspired daily.
The kids are back to school, and summer is coming to a close. Join us starting September 1st to usher in our new fall items! Mark your calendars!
This is the time of year when we begin to smell the fresh air outside and want to bring that freshness inside! I think we can all agree that even if the weather isn’t cooperating, we still need a few tweaks in our homes to welcome Spring and take us to Summer. I love a good spring cleaning and enjoy adding quick updates to many rooms in my home- and wanted to share them with you.
- Clear the clutter of winter- pack up the boots and hats and gloves, give them a quick wash and put them away. Might I suggest a cute bench or trunk in the entry or mudroom to pack those items out of sight? Add a punch of color with a new pillow and you have a great new entry.
- The next space that we all walk into is our kitchen! Clear those counters, schools almost out and it’s time to welcome those last art projects home for display. Add a photo frame on a tray with a lovely succulent to celebrate the little Picasso in your life. Kids love when we display their art, and this will give you a fresh perspective on how they have grown this year. By using a tray you have a defined space to display your items. Neat and clean.
Add a new Frame and greenery to your kitchen to welcome spring
- Family Time is precious and rare this time of year so make your space as special as the ones you share it with. Add a few new pillows, a lightweight throw and PLEASE lighten up that fireplace! Adding a little color with sprigs of green or Time a new piece of art on the mantle can really add a dramatic change to any room- and it doesn’t have to break the bank!
New pillows can really change a space
- Master Bedroom Refresh is an Interior Design tip that many don’t think about often. However, it makes sense to Freshen up for Spring as well when you consider the hard work of gardening this time of year. I know I love to climb into bed after a long day in the garden when the sheets are fresh, the linens washed and the windows open. It is the time of year when I change my bedding to include a linen duvet over a fresh white Matelasse quilt. By adding some new art to brighten your space you will be on your way to a dreamy night’s sleep. Try it, you will love this design tip!
- It doesn’t take much to freshen those most oft used rooms in your home. Try a few of these handy tips and you will love the results.
Well, it’s that time of year to start again! While many of you have already begun your fresh start, some of us (yes, myself included) are still working on packing away the Christmas and holiday decor, trying to make our way out of our frozen driveway, and get this new year’s resolution list on paper! It’s hard to take time for ourselves and get our plan of action in place, isn’t it? Well, I may not be able to help in all areas, but I can tell you that we here at Yours & Meyn, Simply Designed have made a great start to the NEW YEAR!
Not only do we have new merchandise beginning to arrive daily, but we have fresh new looks and ideas flowing freely. It really is a great time to stop by with the store, let us share some ideas with you and get to know your home decor needs a little better. It’s about making time to create a home where you want to share it with your family and friends, a place to cozy up and have a game night or just food and conversation. Your home. It feeds the soul.
Isn’t it a wonderful thing when you can spend time with your best girls, whether it is your daughter, girlfriend, mom or sister?! We love Ladies Night Out in downtown Crystal Lake and wonder why we don’t just get together with friends more often.
That is what this Blog is all about-connecting with others, spending time, reading and learning about all that we at Yours & Meyn, strive to do- create beautiful homes to bring family and friends together. I hope that you will join me, Mary Meyn on an adventure (one that I never thought I would take) into the world of blogging.
I’ll try to fill you in on the newest furnishings that this historical Downtown Crystal Lake location has to offer. Along with some other interesting creative thoughts, ideas and maybe some fun recipes as well, you can begin with something from our book collection.
Who knows where my brain will take us.
Oh, and if you haven’t already- please follow us on Pinterest and Facebook. Share this blog and our webpage. I’d appreciate that. Thanks!
Great new recipes abound with these books!
The arrival of Fall brings with it beautiful new upholstered furniture and holiday decor to ready your home for holiday entertaining.
Yours & Meyn is thrilled to again support the Service League Annual Housewalk! This event supports those in need in our community. Tickets for the event are available at the store through October 15th.
October 8th from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm, join us at Yours & Meyn for the semi-annual Ladies Night Out event in downtown Crystal Lake. It is an evening for friends, shopping and fun! We will be introducing the Gift Registry available at Yours & Meyn. The next time you are asked, “what would you like?”, send them to Yours & Meyn! The consultants at the store will be ready to help.